It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: San Diego Thirdgens
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:31 am 

Just joined the forum and I'm sorry I missed the cruise on Oct. 6th. I was rebuilding the carb on my '85 T/A. It's running just fine now. I'm interested in meeting other San Diego area members. I'm in north county, specifically in Escondido. I've owned my car since 2011 and have made many repairs. I always wanted one of these when they were new. It's not the kind of car for a young family on a military income. The kids are grown now and the wife gave me the OK to get the Pontiac which I purchased in Hemet. So, any of you San Diego area members pm me or I hope to see you at an upcoming event.

Erich

Post subject: Re: San Diego Thirdgens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:03 am 

So how come there is no "San Diego" in the "Areas" section? I'm sure there are enough thirdgen F-bodies down here to merit having a section of our own.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:21 pm 

It seems that most of the events are generated by those in the LA area is probably why. I've seen posts by some in San Diego over on TGO in the southern california section. There are usually a few cruises that head down that way each year, but next one heads north to Lost Wages...tomorrow.

Welcome to the forums! :shift:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:33 am 

The Vegas run is a little too far for me. I guess the lack of traffic on the forum is because most people monitor from FaceBook. I don't belong and limit my electronic socializing to forums and e-mail. I spend a lot of time on TGO and it has helped me quite a bit. I will keep looking at this site and attend one of the cruises that is closer to San Diego.

I'm in my mid fifties and this car is age appropriate for me. By that, I mean I wanted one when they were new and I was a twenty-something. I appreciate it for what it is and don't try to beat the stuffing out of it. It's a great freeway cruiser!

Erich